Friday, April 3, 2009

Monkey's Zoo


For your reading pleasure, Mom helped me do a "Junior Genius" presentation at school, where I chose to show that "Pets are good for people." In order to do that, I had to take pets, of course! I wanted to show our two cats and fish, too, but Mom talked me down to the dog, two Netherland Dwarf rabbits, and our cockatiel. All the kids wanted to pet the rabbits and the dog and touch the bird, but the bird bites, so he just walked back and forth on his perch in front of his mirror (his only true friend) chirping "hello, hello, hello, hello..."
One very interesting thing that happened was when our 4-year-old dog, Bibs, saw her own doggie mom's owner, Sharon, the lady we got her from when she was just 6 weeks old. Bibs went BERSERK! She jumped up on Sharon, (we've taught her not to jump on people, but she must have forgotten in her excitement) her tail going like a windmill, her doggie smile as wide as the equator! We were amazed that Bibs was obviously more excited to see Sharon than anyone else in that whole Commons Area! It appeared that Bibs remembered Sharon. That's all we can think of to account for it.
Well, now we're all home, safe and sound, the bunnies hyperventilating in their rabbit hutch in the back yard, thinking, "Don't ever do that to us again!" Bibs in her dog run dreaming of her original owner, and the cockatiel upstairs in his cage telling the handsome fellow in the mirror that he's a "Pretty bird."
And we need to clean up the house for my big brothers coming in tonight. There's a double Eagle Court of Honor for my #4 and #5 brothers on Sunday! I'm the next Eagle in the family, and I plan to be the youngest!

1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Sounds like a great Junior Genius project, because Bibs is a cool dog!